Saturday 7 July 2012

Jaguar XJS V12



Definitely, Jaguar XJS is a stupendous car to be owned. Anyone, who ever had this lovely Jaguar can never forget his/her experience of having an XJS. I know many people who have sold their XJS Jaguars but still keep it in minds as a pleasant memory, even some of them always wish to buy this car again in life. Although, they faced some troubles while having this car, like mechanical faults but they enjoyed bearing all those problems that their vehicle had created for them. Here I want to share with all the Jaguar lovers, a pleasurable memory of XJS Jaguar ownership.

The owner speaks!
It was a cold winter night of 2003 and I was going back home leaving from office. I came down to the parking lot, took my black XJS out. Usually, I never tried to drive my car so fast unless having a true reason to rush. So at that night I was in a hurry to reach home as soon as possible because my wife was suffering from high fever. Therefore, I was worried about her and trying to reach home possibly soon.
I was going fast on road in my XJS V12, and suddenly I saw somebody trying to get me by crossing my Jaguar from the wrong side. It was a BMW 745Li of the latest model, and the person on the driver seat was looking a reasonable man. Actually I was shocked to see all this but the graceful face of that BMW’s driver made me relaxed a little. 
As I stopped my car he stopped too, came out with excitement and hugged me twice. It was an astonishing situation for me really, so I asked him the reason, why stopped me like this???
He replied in a humble tone, “Actually I owned a Jaguar like you many years ago, in the same colour and condition, that’s why your car attracted me so much when I saw it very first time. So I started chasing you when you crossed me in very fast speed on the wet road. Are you interested in selling your XJS to me?” 
His question made me smile but I wasn’t in a position to answer him at that spot or you can say I was trying to reach my home shortly and not willing to waste more time with that BMW’s owner. I handed him my business card and invited to come there in office timings. He was looking as thankful to me as I did something very beneficial for him. Anyways, I went home after leaving that meeting place.
In the next afternoon when I was in my office, my secretary told me that someone is there for me in the waiting room. I said her to send him to my cabin. That waiting person came in and shocked me again by showing me his graceful face. O man you didn’t even wait for one day? I questioned him. “Yes” he said and asked me the same thing, “Interested in selling your car?” I said him to be seated and offered him coffee, and started telling him in very clear words that I am not willing to sale my XJS because I love it too. 
He was looking so disappointed, tried to offer me very good amount which was much more than my XJS V12. Finally, he left my office, left me thinking that why this man who owns an expensive BMW is so much interested in buying and old XJS.
This question really stirred up my curiosity, and I started trying to find its answer. Fortunately, he gave me his contact number that whenever I found myself interested in selling my car, I will call him for sure. I called on his phone, invited him on dinner to my home. 
He came with joyous expressions as he thought I now selling my car to him. But I told him while starting our dinner that I didn’t call him to sale my car but to know the reason of his great interest in an old XJS Jaguar of mine.
He then told me that he loves this car so much, he never feels as good in even 7series BMW as he felt in his XJS. Anyways, I sold my car to him but after 3 years and bought a new expensive car. Seriously, that incident never happened to me again even in Audi that I just bought last year. Nobody stopped me and asked “Do you want to sale your car?” But now whenever I saw an XJS on road it reminds me of some good past memories, of the great old days when I had this beauty.         

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Road test and review of the 2011 Jaguar XJ Supercharged model. When I say that I "road test" a car, I wish to be clear that it truly is a test drive. If you are in the market for a luxury car that is fast and offers the best in amenities then consider the Jaguar XJ, which is one of the best car.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Visitors here's your comments section